This striking Romanesque-Revival church was originally known as the First Presbyterian Church of Hyde Park. The sanctuary has large stained-glass windows, a uniquely painted ceiling and a 12-sided dome inscribed with the names of the apostles. In 1924, an extensive remodeling added Romanesque arches, pews and a cork floor. Then in 1930, the church merged with the Hyde Park Congregational Church. After merging in 1970 with the Hyde Park Methodist Church, it became known as the United Church of Hyde Park. The congregation is multi-ethnic, multi-generational and socio-economically diverse—much like the neighborhood in which it is located.