As a member, you’ll get access to amazing Open House Chicago benefits and behind-the-scenes information, plus additional year-round benefits with the Chicago Architecture Center!
BECOME A MEMBER NOW
Open House Chicago member benefits include:
FREE “MY NEIGHBORHOOD, MY STORY” CELEBRITY TOURS FOR MEMBERS ONLY
Take virtual walks through the city’s diverse neighborhoods with a range of Chicago personalities. This year’s celebrity tour programming includes:
- Renowned architect Gordon Gill, FAIA of Adrian Smith + Gordon Gill Architecture brings CAC President and CEO Lynn Osmond on a video walking tour, to view a selection of the firm’s projects in Chicago and discuss its skyline-altering work in cities around the globe.
- Free Street Theater and Performance for Social Justice gives CAC members a video tour through the curious, mural-filled rooms of Pulaski Park Fieldhouse (William Carbys Zimmerman, 1914), where Free Street is headquartered through the Chicago Park District’s Arts Partners in Residence program.
- Jazz Institute of Chicago executive director Heather Ireland Robinson brings CAC members on a video tour through Chicago’s Roseland neighborhood, where Robinson grew up.
- Chicago Sun-Times columnist Neil Steinberg brings CAC members on a video tour highlighting some of Steinberg’s favorite buildings, places and spaces in Oak Park.
- 93 XRT host Lin Brehmer brings CAC members on a video tour of downtown Chicago, stopping at sites of significance in the history of rock music including famed venues where bands beloved by XRT listeners gave still-legendary concerts.
- Renowned architect Carol Ross Barney, FAIA brings CAC docent Michelle Woods on a stroll along Chicago’s Riverwalk, an award-winning, multi-phase project by Ross Barney Architects that Woods oversees in her role as a City of Chicago project manager for concessions, maintenance and operations.
- ”Walking Chicago” author, freelance journalist and photographer Robert Loerzel brings CAC members on a video tour of favorite buildings, places and spaces in Chicago’s Edgewater and Rogers Park neighborhoods.
- Hip-hop artist, community organizer, teacher and writer Che “Rhymefest” Smith brings CAC members on a video tour to places that changed the course of his life and career, in Chicago’s Hyde Park and Kenwood neighborhoods.
Access to Free and Exclusive Online Programs
OHC 2020 includes more than 20 online programs ranging from a virtual trivia night to expert panel discussions, workshops, and virtual tours.
Current CAC members get free access to most OHC online programs, and exclusive access to the “My Neighborhood, My Story” series of video tours led by noted architects, artists, media personalities and public figures.
MEMBERS-ONLY PREVIEW PROGRAM
Get ready to explore 20+ neighborhoods and enjoy more than 50 experiences as part of the new Open House Chicago. Join CAC staff as they share with you their recommendations for using the OHC mobile app, planning your self-guided tours and logging into online programs. Learn about all the ways to engage with OHC 2020. Questions welcome!
Two FREE options are available for CAC members
- Members only: Wednesday, October 7 at noon
- Open to the public: Thursday, October 8 at 5:30pm
ENTRY TO WIN A FABULOUS STAYCATION
Purchase a membership by October 25, and be entered to win a one-night stay at the LondonHouse hotel and a private tour of Studio Gang’s newly constructed Vista Tower, Chicago’s third tallest skyscraper.**
BECOME A MEMBER NOW
*Subject to change.
**Rules and restrictions apply. Visit architecture.org/ohcgiveaway for full details.