Benjamin Marshall, 1904
UE Hall, originally built for the West End Woman's Club in 1904, serves as the headquarters of the United Electrical Workers Western Region and houses two important murals. An expansive interior mural, created by a team led by artists John Pitman Weber and Jose Guerrero in 1973-74, encompasses two lobbies and a central staircase, telling the history of UE, industrial unionism, and related social movements in the style of Diego Rivera. Visitors will be able to view the exterior mural painted by the Mexican muralist Daniel Manrique in 1999 as part of a cross-border cultural exchange. Titled "Hands of Solidarity", it celebrates the alliance between UE and its sister union in Mexico.