Trinity United Methodist Church
9848 S. Winchester Ave.
Sat, Oct 15: 10am - 5pm
Sun, Oct 16: 10:30am - 5pm
Ralph E. Stotzel and Edward F. Jansen, 1940
Trinity United Methodist Church traces its roots to a teaching mission at 22nd & Indiana founded in 1858. The present building is its fifth location, begun with the construction of the community house—the northern portion of the current building—in 1924. Construction of the neo-Gothic sanctuary in cruciform plan was delayed by the Great Depression, but it was completed in 1940. Remarkable stained glass windows by Hungarian immigrant John Boesze were added in the 1960s and 1970s. The master plan for the building was completed in 1957 with the addition of a Modernist chapel enclosing the courtyard.
Enter the Sanctuary and view the architecture, stained glass, inscriptions, artifacts and organ console. A short organ music recital will be played each hour. The chapel, social hall and several spaces occupied by artists will also be open to OHC visitors.