The Glunz Tavern & The House of Glunz Wine & Spirits Shop
1202-1206 N. Wells St.
Sat, Oct 15: 12pm - 5pm
Sun, Oct 16: 12pm - 5pm
Opened in 1888, The House of Glunz has been family-operated for 131 years, making it the oldest business in Old Town. In 2012, the neighboring Glunz Tavern was reopened for the first time since Prohibition. Historic decor and artifacts, many of which are over 100 years old, were uncovered when the tavern was restored and reopened. The Old World Tasting Room is a treasure trove of hand-carved furniture and drinkware from the neighborhood's German past.
Both The Glunz Tavern and The House of Glunz will welcome visitors to their entire customer areas. In addition, family members will be on-hand to further annotate the 133-year history of the business.