This beautiful lakefront cooperative residential building was designed in 1928 by Charles Draper Faulkner, a prolific architect of Christian Science temples. The 13-story Renaissance Revival style building is trimmed in granite and limestone, rather than the terra cotta so prevalent in South Shore architecture of the era. Faulkner resided in the building and served as an officer of the board. A private beach serves as the backyard for this elegant co-op building.
Guests are invited to enjoy performances of classical-style guitar music on the Coastland's private beach.