The Arts Club of Chicago
201 E. Ontario St.
Vinci/Hamp Architects, Inc., 1997
The Arts Club was founded in 1916 and has occupied eight different sites. The present building was the first to be conceived exclusively for the Arts Club. It opened in 1997 and was designed by John Vinci of Vinci/Hamp Architects, Inc. The core of the design is a staircase by Ludwig Mies van der Rohe. The staircase was rescued from the prior Arts Club interior at 109 E. Ontario prior to demolition. The founding mission of the Arts Club is “to encourage higher standards of art, maintain galleries for that purpose and to promote the mutual acquaintance of art lovers and art workers."
Enjoy live music from Access Contemporary Music, partnering with Open House Chicago for the seventh year. In addition, there will be a range of tours, collection presentations and crafting activities.
Musicians will perform original compositions inspired by The Arts Club of Chicago every 15 minutes, beginning at noon until 3pm on Saturday.