St. Paul & the Redeemer Episcopal Church
4945 S. Dorchester Ave.
The entrance to the parking lot is on 50th Street.
Sat, Oct 14: 1pm - 5pm
Sun, Oct 15: 12pm - 4pm
The Church of St. Paul & the Redeemer has been a presence in Hyde Park and Kenwood since the 1968 merger of two Episcopal churches: Redeemer and St. Paul’s. Built on the site of an earlier Gothic style church designed by Ralph Adams Cram and Solon S. Beman that succumbed to fire in 1956, the Modernist building was dedicated in 1958, with neighboring churches and synagogues contributing funds toward a new bell tower. The sleek tower houses a church bell salvaged from the fire. In 2002, the worship space was reconfigured to center the altar and baptismal font, reflecting the spirit of the parish. Two years later, a celebratory concert dedicated the Martin Pasi tracker organ (Opus 15) that graces the east end of the sanctuary.
The fully accessible main floor of the sanctuary will be open for self-guided tours. Informational brochures will also be available.