St. James Episcopal Cathedral
65 E. Huron St.
Enter at corner of Wabash and Huron
Sat, Oct 19: 10am - 5pm
Sun, Oct 20: 1pm - 5pm
Photography Permitted Washrooms Available Wheelchair Accessible
Edward Burling, 1871
Clarke & Faulkner, 1875
St. James is the seat of the Episcopal Diocese of Chicago. The parish dates back to the founding of Chicago in the 1830s. The Great Chicago Fire of 1871 destroyed an older church building, leaving only the soot-stained bell tower standing to be incorporated into the present 1875 structure. The warm and inviting interior features significant stained glass windows and elaborate Victorian stencil work.
Peek inside the elaborately stenciled sanctuary of Chicago's Episcopal Cathedral, and listen to its organ.