Seventeenth Church of Christ, Scientist was founded in 1924, but it wasn't until 1968 that church built its first permanent home. The seven-story structure, clad inside and out in travertine, maximizes its prominent six-sided site on the Chicago River at the intersection of Wacker and Wabash. The church auditorium is designed after the layout of a Greek amphitheater. It has a centrally-located wooden podium and is also home to a 3,316-pipe Aeolian-Skinner organ.
Guided tours will be provided during visitation hours.