This five-story, 1,400-square-foot bridgehouse was designed by Edward Bennett. It's part of the revolutionary 1920 double-decker Michigan Avenue (now DuSable) bridge. It was further embellished in 1928 with a bas-relief by Henry Herring titled “The Defenders." The relief commemorates the Fort Dearborn Battle of 1812. The bridgehouse itself is crowned by an urn and a pyramidal roof above an emphatic cornice. The McCormick Bridgehouse & Chicago River Museum is operated by Friends of the Chicago River and is dedicated to celebrating Chicago’s river and world-famous movable bridges.
Check out this site’s special Snapchat geofilter! Take a picture or video with the Snapchat app (with location services enabled), then swipe right through the Snap preview screen to select the #OHC2017 filter.