Piper Hall is one of only a few surviving lakefront mansions in Chicago. The 1909 Albert G. Wheeler house, bought by Mundelein College in 1934, became part of Loyola University Chicago in 1991. Meticulously restored in 2005, it is now home to the Gannon Center for Women and Leadership and the Women and Leadership Archives. The exterior is made of statuary marble and is designed in the American Foursquare style. The lavish interior of oak and mahogany is accented with Tiffany-inspired windows and fixtures, original wood flooring and a natural motif running through the plaster, woodwork and windows - all restored and sensitively updated for the house’s academic use.