Hyde Park Union Church
James Gamble Rogers, 1906
Hyde Park Union Church moved into its current sanctuary in 1906. The sanctuary is noteworthy for the equal symmetry of its length and height, its restored organ (Skinner 1913, Möller 1956), and exquisite stained glass windows by Tiffany and Connick. Throughout its history, the church has been a leading center of progressive Protestant Christianity, and today Hyde Park Union is a multicultural congregation deeply committed to social justice, serving and advocating for the poor, welcoming and affirming all persons without prejudice, with extensive programs for children and adults. The church takes full advantage of the sanctuary's excellent acoustics, with music ranging from the classical and traditional to African American spirituals and sacred jazz.