Designed by Karl Vitzthum, the Hyde Park Bank was the largest bank building outside of Chicago’s Loop when it was completed in 1929. The design is predominantly Classical Revival in style, though the influence of the Art Deco era can be seen in much of the ornament. The grand second-floor banking hall is one of the most impressive in the city. Florian Architects completed a major restoration and renovation of the building, where they combined rich contemporary materials with existing ornate surfaces in the historic hall.
Admire the grandeur of the second-floor banking hall on a guided tour.