Skip to main content

Edgewater History Museum

This is an archived listing.

Address

5358 N. Ashland Ave.

Neighborhood

Andersonville

Built

1926

Description

The Edgewater Historical Society was founded in 1988 to involve the community in the preservation of Edgewater history and promote the preservation of Edgewater landmarks. The Museum opened in 2002 in a 1926 firehouse building on the site of Edgewater's first firehouse. Permanent museum installations include a display of Edgewater Beach Hotel artifacts; information about the three National Register Historic Districts in Edgewater; and the story of the Kransz family, who lived in the area before developer John Lewis Cochran named it Edgewater in 1886.

Archived In

2018 , 2019