The cornerstone of this church was laid in 1914, though the parish dates back to 1901. This Renaissance Revival building by Joseph W. McCarthy has twin spires and a deeply-coffered ceiling. Brightly colored stained glass windows, designed in Germany by F.X. Zettler, depict the original church members processing with Pope Pius X. The main altar features a mosaic replica of Leonardo da Vinci’s The Last Supper. An adjacent cloister forms a lovely garden for parishioners. During the Great Migration of the 1930s, the church went from serving a predominantly Irish-American community to serving an African-American community.
15-minute guided tours are available upon request. Self-guided tours are welcomed.