Columbus Park Refectory
5701 W. Jackson Blvd.
Sat, Oct 19: Closed
Sun, Oct 20: 10am - 5pm
Photography Permitted Washrooms Available Wheelchair Accessible
Chatten & Hammond, 1923
Designed by the renowned landscape architect Jens Jensen, Columbus Park was officially opened by Chicago's West Park Commission in 1920, part of a major effort to create additional neighborhood parks to serve the tremendous growth in Chicago's population. The Columbus Park Refectory is one of the more spectacular park structures anywhere in the city, presiding over a landscape of water, woods and a public 9-hole golf course. The Spanish-influenced architecture features ornate terra cotta ornamentation, a grand porch, arched entryways and three porticos flooded with sunlight. The large Dance Hall is a favorite for weddings, concerts and special events, with magnificent windows overlooking Jensen’s lagoon.
Visitors are invited to take a self-guided tour of the refectory, a popular event venue that is not normally open to the public.