Bryn Mawr Community Church
7000 S. Jeffery Blvd.
Sat, Oct 19: 10am - 5pm
Sun, Oct 20: 10am - 5pm
Photography Permitted Washrooms Available Wheelchair Accessible
Andrew Rebori, 1915
Lowe & Bollenbacher, 1921
Bryn Mawr Community Church was an early commission by Andrew Rebori, built in 1915 while the architect was working under mentor Jarvis Hunt. The original chapel buiding is in the Italian Renaissance style, resembling a church where a group of Italian Waldensians--Protestants from a pre-Reformation movement--worshiped. It features cream-colored brick with red and black trim and a tile roof. A larger limestone-clad Gothic addition was designed in 1921 by the architectural firm of Lowe & Bollenbacher. It includes the sanctuary, which seats 500, and features a Skinner organ and over 30 stained glass windows. The church building, which also contains a theatre, remains in use by the congregation that commissioned it over a century ago.
Take a guided or self-guided tour of the first floor fellowship spaces, sanctuary, and second floor theatre.