The oldest of the four remarkable churches surrounding Raymond Park was commissioned in 1872 by a congregation that was already 14 years old. A financial panic delayed the completion of the Gothic-Revival building until 1875. Pointed-arch windows and the tall, slender steeple above the belltower give a strong vertical orientation to the stucco-clad brick building. The sanctuary is simple, but it has an ornate dark-timber hammerbeam roof.
Behind the Scenes
Get a glimpse inside one of Evanston's oldest churches.