This distinctive red brick structure was built as a 45,000 sq ft family home for shoe manufacturer Joseph E. Tilt. The mansion originally had 14 bedrooms, 17 fireplaces, a library, ballroom, billiards room, wine cellar and gym. The Salvation Army purchased the property in 1920 to house cadets in training. In 90+ years, over 7,000 officers have been trained in the William Booth Memorial Training College (Booth Manor). The Tudor Gothic mansion includes a pitched roof and buttressed chimneys, and is surrounded by a 7-foot wall, all details reminiscent of a secluded English country home, despite being located in the bustling heart of Lakeview.