St. Vincent de Paul Roman Catholic Church
1010 W. Webster Ave.
Sat, Oct 19: 10am - 12pm
Sun, Oct 20: 11am - 4:30pm
Photography Permitted Washrooms Available Wheelchair Accessible
James Egan, 1897
This distinctive Lincoln Park church has long been associated with DePaul University. Easily identified by its green copper-topped towers, St. Vincent de Paul serves a parish founded in 1875 by the Vincentian order. The present-day church was completed in 1897, considered to represent architect James Egan's finest work. It took 17 more years to furnish and decorate the elaborate interior with stained glass, Carrara marble, and tapestries. The church is constructed of Indiana limestone blending Romanesque architecture like rounded doorways and arcades with French Gothic details such as the large, soaring windows. This includes the strikingly modern south-facing rose window installed after a fire destroyed the original window in 1955.
See inside this distinctive Romanesque/French Gothic church long associated with DePaul University.