1545 W. Rosemont Ave.
Sat, Oct 14: Closed
Sun, Oct 15: 10am - 5pm
This 1906 firehouse for Engine Company 70 remained in use until 2008. It is distinguished by its high tin ceiling, white glazed subway tile, and four horse stables. Based on the original blueprints, the building was renovated back to its historic beauty, restoring the ceiling and subway tile and keeping the original spiral staircase and firepole intact. Additional features include rustic wooden double doors, antique plumbing fixtures, and vintage lighting. Today, this historic structure serves as an event space and has become a popular wedding venue.
Visitors have the option of guided and self-guided tours of the first and second floors and the outdoor garden space.