1326 W. Hollywood Ave.
Use the entrance on the Hollywood Avenue side of the building. Access from Ridge is not available.
Sat, Oct 14: 10am - 5pm
Sun, Oct 15: 10am - 5pm
Argyle E. Robinson, 1928
James Gorski, 2017
Chicago Filmmakers, celebrating its 50th anniversary this year, rehabbed and converted this 1928 retired firehouse into a media arts hub where screenings, classes, and other activities in support of the independent filmmaking community take place. Designed by architect Argyle E. Robinson, it is considered the most ornate of the “Grand Firehouses” built in Chicago in the late 1920s. Adorned with a granite base and ornamental terracotta details, both inside and outside on all four elevations, this firehouse was designated a Chicago Historic Landmark in 2008.
Visitors are welcome to enjoy a self-guided tour throughout the building.