UChicago Joseph Bond Chapel
1025 E. 58th St.
Visitors should enter via the archway at 1010 E. 59th.
Sat, Oct 15: 10am - 5pm
Sun, Oct 16: 10am - 5pm
Coolidge and Hodgdon, 1926
Bond Chapel is one of Chicago's greatest hidden secrets. The modest Gothic style building opened in 1926 in the southwest section of the University of Chicago's main quadrangle. The chapel forms an integral part of the Divinity School and is connected to Swift Hall by a stone cloister. The interior features stained glass designed by the Charles J. Connick Studio of Boston, donated to the chapel in 1949. In 2012, the Chicago Theological Seminary's Betty J. Reneker Memorial Organ (custom built in 1983) was relocated to Bond Chapel. The space is currently used for weddings, memorial services, concerts and other ceremonial gatherings.
Bond Chapel will be open for self-guided exploration, including access to the Reneker organ loft.