The Consulate General of the Republic of Poland in Chicago
This is an archived listing.
1530 N. Lake Shore Dr.
Gold Coast / Near North Side
Benjamin Marshall, 1916
The Consulate is one of the seven remaining mansions on N. Lake Shore Dr. It serves and cooperates with the largest Polish community outside of Poland: more than three million people of Polish ancestry call Chicago and the Midwest home. The English townhouse with elements of Italian Renaissance style was designed as a private residence for milling industrialist Bernard Eckhardt. After a two-year renovation completed in 2008, the building was given the Chicago Landmark Award for Preservation Excellence.