St. Martin's Episcopal Church
5700 W. Midway Park
Sat, Oct 13: 10am - 4pm
Sun, Oct 14: 1pm - 5pm
Allan M. Barrows
Founded in 1878, St. Martin is the last of seven Episcopal parishes that once served the area. The church was built in the 1910s in an English Gothic style with some Arts and Crafts influences and distinctive windows in the roof. In 2000, a renovation of the worship space resulted in chairs replacing pews, and the addition of an altar and ambo. The worship space is now flexible and welcoming, and members come from far and wide, representing a variety of backgrounds and beliefs. Currently, the church rectory is being renovated to create a space for art classes and cultural events. The rectory has been vacant and largely unused for several years and needs to be brought up to code with new plumbing, electrical work and accessibility features.
Behind the Scenes
Take a look around this charmingly simple church, renovated to appeal to the broad community it serves.
Jazz in the Sanctuary
Attend an evening jazz concert, part of St. Martin's Jazz in the Sanctuary series.
This night of jazz features the Empress of Soul, Ms. Terisa Griffin. Tickets are $40 each and there will be light refreshments for sale.