Skip to main content

Schubas Tavern

Not an active site.

Address

3159 N. Southport Ave.

Neighborhood

Lakeview

Architect

Frommann & Jebsen, 1903

Website

lh-st.com

Description

This little building is one of very few Schlitz tied houses - bars built only to serve a single make of beer - that still serves drinks. More than 80 years after opening, it was purchased by the Schuba brothers. They restored the 30-foot Brunswick mahogany bar, tin ceilings, walnut wainscoting and the exterior, including the famous Schlitz globe logo. The concert hall, situated in the back of the building, was completely renovated and has become a beloved music venue.

Archived In

2017