Hotel Florence is named for George M. Pullman’s oldest daughter and was constructed as lodging for visiting businessmen and dignitaries. The four-story brick and limestone building was designed in the Queen-Anne style. It features a large front veranda. In 1914, an annex was added to the northeast corner of the hotel to accommodate workers and additional visitors to Pullman. The site is currently under an extensive restoration and, when complete, will operate as a historic site that interprets Gilded Age hotel elegance and class structure. The historic site will also cover the building’s decline as ownership changed and local industry disappeared.