Our Lady of Victory Roman Catholic Church
5212 W. Agatite Ave.
E. Brielmaier & Sons, 1928
Meyer & Cook, 1954
Our Lady of Victory was founded in 1906 to serve the rapidly growing Jefferson Park area. By the time the Marian Chapel on the lower level of the current building was completed in 1928, numerous new parishes had split off. Work on the upper church was delayed until completion in 1954. The tan stone of the Spanish-style exterior was selected specifically to complement the color of the ornate terra cotta around the original entrance. The warmth of the exterior extends to the sanctuary's lavish tan and pink marble and terrazzo. Polychromatic details throughout (particularly in the stained glass), wooden Stations of the Cross and other painted elements contribute to a colorful and welcoming space tied together with subtle Art Deco influences.
Agatite Avenue will be closed during OHC. Please park in the parking lot behind the church at 5201 W. Sunnyside Ave. and enter the church through the front door on Agatite Avenue.