Skip to main content

Oak Park River Forest Museum

Cicero Firehouse No. 2

Not an active site.

Address

129 Lake St.

Neighborhood

Oak Park

Architect

William J. Van Keuren, 1898

Website

oprfmuseum.org

Description

This historic firehouse--originally known as the Cicero Firehouse No.2--is now home to the Historical Society of Oak Park and River Forest, which has completed a painstaking interior restoration and transformation funded privately by residents of the communities. More than a century of false ceilings, deteriorated drywall and asbestos floor tiles have been removed to reveal the original Georgia-pine ceilings, walls and floors. The new museum and research center is a community gathering place with exhibits, programs and archival documents on two floors.

More Info

Part of the ComEd Sustainability Trail

ComEd logo

Archived In

2016 , 2017 , 2018