1400 W. Augusta Blvd.
Pond & Pond, 1901
The longest continuously-operating settlement house in Chicago is also the largest in the city since the closure of Hull House. Since 1891, it has provided services to immigrants and those in need—serving more than 40,000 individuals annually. The settlement house was founded by and maintains a loose affiliation with Northwestern University, but it's a separate and financially independent institution. The historic building has been modified through the years and has expanded to the north to include Noble Street Charter School and Vittum Theater in a former union hall.