Chicago Sinai Congregation, founded by German Jewish immigrants in 1861, has moved a number of times in its history. This imposing Neo-Classical building was its home from 1912 until the 1940s, when Jewish residents of the Grand Boulevard neighborhood began moving to other parts of the city. The building once included a large auditorium, classrooms, meeting spaces, a gym and a pool. It even housed Corpus Christi High School for a time. In 1961, Mount Pisgah Missionary Baptist Church moved into the building. They brought a strong commitment to social justice and played an instrumental role in bringing Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s Southern Christian Leadership Conference to Chicago. Mount Pisgah started a neighborhood food bank as early as 1969.