Chicago-Kent College of Law is the second-oldest law school in Illinois, with roots reaching back to 1888. The school trained Ida Platt, first black female lawyer in Illinois, and pioneered the nation’s first fee-based legal clinic program. Affiliated with Illinois Tech since 1969, this school moved into its current purpose-built home in 1992. High-tech mock courtrooms and classrooms dominate the lower floors, and the main lobby, flooded by natural light, features a striking stainless steel sculpture honoring Chicago-Kent’s 250+ alumni judges. The building’s most dramatic feature is a soaring library reading room under an exposed lamella-truss ceiling. The room opens to several pleasant outdoor reading balconies.