Holy Name Cathedral, rebuilt in the wake of the Great Chicago Fire of 1871, is the seat of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Chicago. Designed by Patrick Charles Keely and completed in 1875, the building was renovated to prevent sinking between 1888 and 1915 and again in 1968-1969. The cathedral represents the integration of Gothic-Revival design with the message of the modern Church. Its scale is impressive: capacity is 1,200 people, the ceiling height is 70 feet and the spire reaches 210 feet into the sky. The parish has long been an integral part of Chicago. It is currently a place of worship for more than 6,000 parishioners—earning it the moniker "Where Chicago Goes to Pray." Millions of visitors from across the country and around the globe come through the cathedral each year. Holy Name was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2000.