Epiphany Center for the Arts
Edward Burling and Francis Whitehouse, 1885
This new performance and event venue is housed inside a former Episcopal church that has stood on the site since 1885. The building is one of the city’s earliest examples of Richardsonian Romanesque style, complete with rounded doorways and window openings, thick Lake Superior sandstone walls and a bell tower. Interior details include decorative terra cotta tiles, Venetian glass mosaics and arched trusses. Owners David Chase and Kimberly Rachal were married in the church, formerly Church of the Epiphany, in 1996, and in recent years have renovated and restored it to be a campus for the arts, with an expansive exhibit space and gallery. There are also three event halls, a café and a collection of outdoor spaces on site, to host weddings, receptions and other special events.