Rogers Park Women's Club
7077 N. Ashland Blvd.
Sat, Oct 19: 12pm - 5pm
Sun, Oct 20: 12pm - 5pm
Photography Permitted Refreshments Available Washrooms Available
Elbert Somers, 1916
The former Rogers Park Women’s Club, longtime home of the Unification Church, is being rehabbed and converted into a performing arts space. This elegant clubhouse dates to 1916, paid for by 27 members of the women’s club. It served as a church for decades before sitting vacant for some time. The Cuckoo Theater Project acquired the building for its new permanent home in 2012. Fundraising is underway for a renovation that will see the old offices, meeting rooms, and a second-floor ballroom transformed into a pair of theaters and rehearsal space.
Check out this former Women’s Club, being transformed into theaters and rehearsal spaces.
Part of the 2019 Year of Chicago Theatre trail.