Church of Our Saviour Episcopal
530 W. Fullerton Ave.
Sat, Oct 13: 9am - 5pm
Sun, Oct 14: 1pm - 5pm
Clinton J. Warren, 1888
Church of Our Saviour was completed in 1889, during a period of prosperity for the Lincoln Park neighborhood. All five of the Romanesque church's stained glass windows were commissioned in this period, including a Tiffany window. It also features a 16th-century Elizabethan bell that was brought over from England 40 years ago. The church has been at the forefront of many progressive issues over the years, including sheltering 1968 DNC protesters, supporting the Lincoln Park Community Shelter, welcoming women priests and embracing gay Christians.
Behind the Scenes
Admire the unusual terra cotta walls, beautiful trussed ceiling, and stained glass windows of this historic church.