Armour Institute (Illinois Institute of Technology Main Building)
Not an active site.
3300 S. Federal St.
Patton & Fisher, 1893
Designed by Patton & Fisher and completed in 1893, this building housed a variety of academic and administrative offices and classrooms for many years. The columns, capitals and other exterior ornamentation are terra cotta and the stained glass window in the central staircase was dedicated to the school's founding supporter, Philip D. Armour, Jr. It was recognized as a Chicago landmark in 2004, and after being closed for several years, is now in the process of being adapted to residential use.