Skip to main content

Armour Institute

Not an active site.

Address

3300 S. Federal St.

Neighborhood

Bronzeville

Architect

Patton & Fisher, 1893

Description

Designed by Patton & Fisher and completed in 1893, this building housed a variety of academic and administrative offices and classrooms for many years. The columns, capitals and other exterior ornamentation are terra cotta and the stained glass window in the central staircase was dedicated to the school's founding supporter, Philip D. Armour, Jr. It was recognized as a Chicago landmark in 2004, and after being closed for several years, is now in the process of being adapted to residential use.

Archived In

2017