Skip to main content

Margarita European Inn

Not an active site.

Address

1566 Oak Ave.

Neighborhood

Evanston

Architect

Morrison & Wallace, 1927

Description

The Margarita Club for Working Women became the Margarita European Inn when renovations began in 1989. The structure was originally designed by one of Evanston's first female residents with the support of a nearby Catholic church. The renovation preserved the elegant Grand Parlor—with its arched windows, fireplace and French doors—as well as the cozy English Library tucked away off the main stairs. Most of the building has been renovated into comfortable hotel rooms with en-suite bathrooms, a luxury unheard-of in 1927. A seasonal roof deck has been added for guests to enjoy.